Fundraising, sales, sponsorship- call it what you will! Your organization is competing for funds. The budget would be bigger if you could create more awareness. You could advertise, if you had more of a budget.
Getting support from your supporters shouldn’t be a struggle! So, where do you start?
Effective fundraising requires three interdependent objectives:
- Brand/group image and awareness
- Ad pricing and sponsor package valuation
- Pitch decks
- Sales and negotiation
Many not-for-profits and start-ups I have worked with have all said the same thing, “Bringing in the first big check is the hardest part.”
Before you ask them, ask yourself;
- Do we know our target demographic?
- Do we know the value of what we’re offering?
- Are we equipped to close the deal when someone’s interested?